Bundt Cake – White Chocolate
White Chocolate / Raspberry Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are defined by their round shape with a hole through the middle. Bundt Cake are cooked in a very specific style of pan that gives them their shape. This pan also allows more of the cake to be exposed to the pan. Allowing for faster and more even heat distribution during cooking. There is no specific style of cake that will, or won’t, work in a Bundt pan. Here’s a great recipe that we are particularly fond of:
Mix These Ingredients first
- 1 pkg White Cake Mix
- 1 small pkg White Chocolate Pudding (instant)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Mix These Ingredients second, and separately:
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped White Chocolate Bar
- 1 cup Raspberry Pastry Filling
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and Flour a large bundt pan
- Fold White Chocolate into batter
- Add half of the cake batter to pan
- Spoon half pastry filling onto batter, using separate spoonfuls, then swirl with knife.
- Pour remaining batter into Bundt pan, and repeat step 5.
- Bake 45-50 minutes – test with knife, if knife doesn’t come out clean, bake 3-5 more minutes and repeat step 7 until the knife comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pan, then remove from pan onto serving plate.
- 1 Tbs Melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Raspberry Extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Add 2% Milk to achieve desired consistency
Article by Steve Johnson